What to expect
When you visit one of our Sunday services at the Eldridge church of Christ, you can expect to find a simple worship service that adheres to the teachings of the New Testament. When we assemble on every Lord's Day (Acts 20:7, Revelation 1:10), and worship God by . . .
- Praying: Prayers offered to God consisting of praise, thanksgiving, confessions, and requests. We are led by the leaders in our congregation (1 Timothy 2:1-8).
- Singing: Congregational singing teaches and edifies. The whole congregation joins together in praising God in song. Incase anyone is unfamiliar with one of the songs, the words are available in our songbooks and also on screens in front of the auditorium.
- Taking Communion: Every Sunday, our members remember Christ's death by eating unleavened bread and drinking fruit of the vine with fellow Christians(Acts 20:7).
- Preaching: We will enjoy a Bible lesson that lasts about 30 minutes (Acts 2:42; Romans 10:14). On most Sundays Brother Lonnie Ingram, our preaching minister, presents these lessons, though occasionally we will have a guest speaker. Each lesson will take a Bible passage and explain what it means and how it applies to our lives.
- Giving: Each member of this congregation contributes weekly to the work of the church as we have been blessed (1 Corinthians 16:2). We do not ask or expect our visitors to give anything in the offering.